Hacking is not only for computer, software, or websites. Any device can be hacked. I lately started having interests in Software Defined Radio where I was able to ‘sniff’ data of signals around me. One particularly interesting signal was the short distances devices. These include:
- Car remotes system. Also called: Remote Keyless System
- Garage Remotes
- Other home equipment remotes switches.
Some of these systems are known to have security flaws in them. Some have no security mechanisms. It is worth reading how these stuff work before going deeper into hacking them.
- Programming skills in: C++ or Java or Python.
- A micro-conotroller (Teensy, Aurdino) Raspberry Pi is ok too.
- 315Mhz / 430Mhz Transceiver. I bough this one > XD-RD-5V.